Wed, Oct 18|
"One-patch" structures from Kaffe Fassett's Timeless Themes
Tickled Pink, Corrugated, and Lacey Circles are "one-patch" quilts in Kaffe Fassett's Timeless Themes made entirely of squares that are cut 6" x 6".
Time & Location
Oct 18, 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Winterset, 54 E Court Ave, Winterset, IA 50273, USA
About the event
Tickled Pink, Corrugated, and Lacey Circles are “one-patch” quilts in Kaffe Fassett’s Timeless Themes made entirely of squares that are cut 6” x 6”.
For this workshop, we will explore this structure in a theme of your own choosing: it can be flowers in springtime colours, or all pinks, or all stripes, or all circular motifs such as polka dots. The choice is yours.
Come to the workshop with 6” x 6” squares precut in fabrics of your choice. Please feel free to choose any fabrics which fit your theme. You do not have to choose Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics. Cut no more than 10 squares per fabric. Concentrate ONLY on the fabrics you are certain you will use.
Come to the workshop prepared to purchase additional fabrics to tell your story. Border fabric will also be chosen during the workshop.
In addition to fabric, please bring these supplies:
• Rotary cutter with a new blade
• Cutting mat—at least 12” x 18”. In some cases, you may be cutting width of fabric strips.
• Quilter’s rotary ruler at least 6” x 18”. In some cases, you may be cutting width of fabric strips
• Fabric scissors
• Optional: reducing glass or peephole
Your host shop will provide:
• Kaffe Fassett’s Timeless Themes book which features the quilt you are making so you can refer to it for cutting instructions and overall reference.
• 6” Fussy Cutting Acrylic Template
• Flannel Design Wall
• Lunch and snacks (Call the shop if you have special dietary restrictions.)
Oct 18, 4:30 PM
We ask that students arrive by 9:15 on class days. This class is limited to 20 students and the registration fee of $375 includes Kaffe Fassett's Timeless Theme book, 6" Fussy Cutting Acrylic Templates, Flannel Design Wall, lunch, and snacks.